ADSM-L

Re: Management Class assignment in TSM

2004-05-28 06:11:20
Subject: Re: Management Class assignment in TSM
From: "Prasad, Mahesh (IDS ECCS)" <mahesh_prasad AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 06:09:55 -0400
Sadi,

You can use client option set at the TSM server for the particular client(s).
This is three step process.

1. Define name for the Client option set.

Syntax - Define cloptset <Option_Set_Name>

2. Define options for this Client option set.

Syntax - Define clientopt <Option_set_name> <Option_name> <Option_value>

In your case, syntax would be "Define clientopt <Option_set_name> INCLEXCL
"include <file_name> <mgmtclass_name>"

3. Associate this option set with node(s)

Syntax - Update node <node_name> cloptset=<Option_set_name>

Please go through the TSM Administrator's guide for details.

Regards,

Mahesh Prasad