ADSM-L

Re: Insufficient number of mount points

2004-05-27 07:38:11
Subject: Re: Insufficient number of mount points
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:37:37 +0200
Hi

Do a "q request" to see wether or not you have a mount request in TSM.
Normally with a tape library of type manual, TSM will issue a mount
request for you to manually mount the tape in the tape drive. After you
have mounted it, you should execute "reply X" where X is the mount request
number.

If you dont do a reply, q mount will not return the tape, as TSM is
waiting for you to reply to the mount request.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Senior Storage Consultant
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"creimer AT impactow.com DOT br" <creimer AT IMPACTOW.COM DOT BR>
2004-05-27 08:44
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Insufficient number of mount points

Even with a tape into the tape drive the "q mount" returns:

ANR2034E QUERY MOUNT: No match found using this criteria.