ADSM-L

Re: TSM's use of processors

2004-05-27 07:30:39
Subject: Re: TSM's use of processors
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:14:18 -0400
We used to run TSM on a old 12 processor S70.  All 12 processors would be
used by dsmserv.

Rick

                      David E Ehresman
                      <deehre01@LOUISVI        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      LLE.EDU>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  TSM's use of processors
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/26/2004 09:19
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

We are running TSM on Aix 5.1 on a 7026-6H1 with four processors.  We
are starting to explore upgrade scenarios.  One thing we are being told
is that TSM will not use more than four processors.  Any truth to this?
If so, where would that be documented?

David Ehresman
University of Louisville