ADSM-L

Re: Update Devclass from GENERICTAPE to ECARTRIDGE

2004-05-26 12:29:11
Subject: Re: Update Devclass from GENERICTAPE to ECARTRIDGE
From: Frank Scolieri <frank.scolieri.b AT BAYER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:28:31 -0400
I am not going to different type of tape. I am now using the TSM Drivers
as apposed to the Gresham drivers.

Frank Scolieri
Storage Management
(412)777-2284
frank.scolieri.b AT bayer DOT com

Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>
05/26/2004 12:17 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Update Devclass from GENERICTAPE to ECARTRIDGE

>ANR8365E UPDATE DEVCLASS: The DEVTYPE parameter cannot be changed.
>ANS8001I Return code 3.

>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to update the devclass.

The error message pretty much says it.

If you want data to go to a different type of tape, define a new devclass
and stgpool(s) that will use that devclass.  Once that is set up, update
your copygroup destinations to point to the new stgpool(s).

-Ted