ADSM-L

Re: TDP Oracle Question

2004-05-26 00:08:46
Subject: Re: TDP Oracle Question
From: Greg Kemp <gkemp AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 21:08:15 -0700
TSM does not lock the total required space for a backup in a storage
pool before the actual backup starts or while in progress. TSM fills
the defined devices for a management class in order of definition until
the storage pool is full or the backup completes. Fill your disks and
TSM moves on to the tape pool or some other defined device.

Bruce....

If the MAXSIZE threshold on your disk pool is set to 200GB (which is
excessive) and you have 133GB available there is no reason the backup
isn't ending up on disk. Double check your management class for both
the backup and archive copy pools. TDP for Oracle uses the 'BACKUP'
copy group which in your case should point to the disk pool. TDP does
not use the 'ARCHIVE' copy group. I have been bitten by this one in the
past.

Regards,

Greg