ADSM-L

Re: TDP Oracle Question

2004-05-25 23:45:58
Subject: Re: TDP Oracle Question
From: Greg Kemp <gkemp AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 20:45:27 -0700
If the DB is 133GB and the disk pool has 200GB available you are good
regardless. This is given your management class points to the disk
storage pool first. Otherwise you have one or both of the following
issues. (1) The disk pool is 100% utilized at the time of the backup,
and the NEXT pool is set to a tape pool. -OR- (2) The files are larger
than the MAXSIZE threshold set on the disk pool. Do you have a
threshold set on the disk pool? Are the individual DB files larger than
the threshold? TSM doesn't forecast how much disk or tape space the
given backup will require before starting. The backup simply starts and
fills the destination devices that are configured for the management
class in use. If the first device in line is disk the backup will be
sent to disk until either the disk pool fills or the backup completes.
If the disk pool fills to 100% TSM will move onto the next defined
(could be disk or tape or other) storage pool.

Regards,

Greg