ADSM-L

Re: TSM 32Bit to 64bit Upgrade

2004-05-25 13:13:40
Subject: Re: TSM 32Bit to 64bit Upgrade
From: Robert Clark <raclark AT REGENCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:12:59 -0700
The last time we installed TSM 5.2.2.3 on AIX 5.2 systems, I couldn't get
the 64bit version of TSM to install.  No matter how I flagged the packages
in smitty, I wasn't able to satisfy TSM's dependecy checks. It seemed like
the checks wanted a fileset that wasn't names as expected.

Ultimately I had to restort back to installing the 32bit code.

I plan to follow up on it and switch to the 64bit code (may be no practical
advantage though), so I'm curious to hear what you find.

Thanks, [RC]

                      "Hart, Charles"
                      <charles.hart@MEDTRON       To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      IC.COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist       Subject:      TSM 32Bit to
64bit Upgrade
                      Stor Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                      05/25/2004 08:36 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

                      |-------------------|
                      | [ ] Secure E-mail |
                      |-------------------|

We are currently are running TSM 5.1.7.3 - 32bit on a p630 AIX 5.2.2.  We
would like to change the TSM from 32bit to 64bit during this upgrade.  We
ran a preview of the install choosing the 64bit rte and server code and lic
filesets but the preview failed because it stated that the tsm.server.rte
was already there.  We decided to just go ahead and upgrade the 32bit code.

Has anyone upgraded TSM 5.x from 32 to 64bit code?  The Quick Start and
Admin guide only make reference to AIX 4.3 to 5.2, nothing about 32Bit to
64bit TSM.

Regards,

Charles

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.