ADSM-L

Re: 3583 and Linux

2004-05-25 11:14:46
Subject: Re: 3583 and Linux
From: Aaron Durkee <adurkee AT CHSBUFFALO DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:12:31 -0400
firmware on the adaptor? ... had that issue with an emulex & sol 7 on a  ultra
10.

>>> RvanDenzel AT SLTNGROUP DOT COM 05/25/04 09:40AM >>>
Hi Listers,

This is a little off topic, because it has not extactly to do with TSM,
but I'll give it a try:

I've got two Linux boxes (one with RHEL AS 2.1 (kernel 2.4.9-e.27smp) and
one with RHEL ES 3 (kernel 2.4.21-9.0.1.ELsmp)), both have an 3583-L36
(with 2 LTO2 drives) attached on an Adaptec 39160.

On both systems I can see the drives and the changer in the BIOS of the
Adaptec. However Linux on both systems can see both drives, but refuses to
see the changer (which is on LUN 1 of the first drive).
I've tried virtually everything but to no avail.

Has anyone got this combination working and knows what the trick is?

Greetz,

Richard.