ADSM-L

Re: Backing up MS Exchange

2004-05-21 09:22:01
Subject: Re: Backing up MS Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:21:51 -0400
Copperfield,

The API that is failing is a call to one of the standard
backup/restore APIs. I looked up the error message that you
pasted into the ADSM-L append. These messages can be found in the
Microsoft SDK file "esebkmsg.h".
-----
//
// MessageId: hrCouldNotConnect
//
// MessageText:
//
//  Unable to perform the operation. Either you can not connect to the
specified server
//  or the service you are trying to connect to is not running.
//
#define hrCouldNotConnect                ((HRESULT)0xC7FF07D7L)

What happens when you run NTBACKUP? Does it work?
If NTBACKUP works but Data Protection for Exchange does not,
please call IBM support. The IBM Support Team will need a trace.
If NTBACKUP does not work either, I would try Microsoft support.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/21/2004
09:05:13 AM: