ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Informix expiring backup files

2004-05-19 13:25:15
Subject: Re: TDP for Informix expiring backup files
From: Gary Oborn <gary AT FDBS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:24:59 -0700
Thanks for replying.  When I attempt to query the backup it refuses to show
anything.  Can you tell me if I'm on the right track?

[root:prod] </> dsmc
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface - Version 5, Release 1, Level
5.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2002 All Rights Reserved.

tsm> q filespace -fromnode=raven_ifmx
Node Name: RAVEN
Session established with server EAGLE: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 5, Release 1, Level 5.0
  Data compression forced on by the server
  Server date/time: 05/19/04   10:18:52  Last access: 05/19/04   10:18:28

Num     Last Incr Date      Type    File Space Name
---     --------------      ----    ---------------
  1   00/00/00   00:00:00   API:R   /mhs_ds1n
  2   00/00/00   00:00:00   API:R   /mhs_ds2
tsm> q backup -fromnode=raven_ifmx "*"
ANS1084E No files have previously been backed up for '*'
tsm>

Gary Oborn

                      Bill Boyer
                      <bill.boyer@VERIZ        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ON.NET>                  cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: TDP for Informix
expiring backup files
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/19/04 07:51 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

>From my (limited) experience in doing TDP Informix, the actual backup
objects for the database are the same names, so your management class
retentions should be handling that. The archive logs are a different
matter.
They are uniquely named with a sequence number. You can remove them from
the
SYSUTILS table and then run the ONOMSYNC utility to syncronize the SYSUTILS
table with TSM, or get a list of the objects by running the B/A client with
the TDP Informix nodename and doing a query backup. Then issue the EXPIRE
command for each object you want to remove.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.