ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: TDP for Domino on Windows - ACD0215E

2004-05-18 11:25:19
Subject: Antwort: Re: TDP for Domino on Windows - ACD0215E
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT UPM-KYMMENE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:25:06 +0200
Del,

thank you, after adding "*" to the include statements everything works fine
now.

regards, Rainer

                      Del Hoobler
                      <hoobler AT US DOT IBM.         An:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      COM>                     Kopie:
                      Gesendet von:            Thema:   Re: TDP for Domino on
Windows - ACD0215E
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      18.05.2004 14:05
                      Bitte antworten
                      an "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Rainer,

Your include statements should look like this:

   INCLUDE *.NSF*   MCNAME
   INCLUDE *.NTF*   MCNAME

Notice the additional "*" after "NSF" and "NTF".
This is because a Data Protection for Lotus Domino
backup is made up of two TSM Server backup objects.
For example,

   MAILFILE.NSF
   MAILFILE.NSF.DATA

If you do not put the additional "*" at the end, the
".DATA" object will go to the default management class
and not the bound management class.

For more information, this is discussed in the manual.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/18/2004
01:25:46 AM:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm  just  about  replacing  an  ITSM  5.1.7.3  server  on AIX 4.3.3.0
ML10
> (RS/6000  SP  Power  2  node)  with  IBM Magstar 3575 L32 by an ITSM
server
> 5.2.2.2  on  AIX  5.2.0.0  ML02  (RS/6000 6C4) with IBM 3584 L32 (LTO2)
and
> fibre connected drives.
> The  transfer  to  the  new ITSM server of TDP for Domino clients (on
Win2K
> SP4,  Domino  server  5.0.11,  TDP  for  Domino  5.1.5.01,  ITSM Win
client
> 5.2.2.9)  resulted in message
>
>       ACD0215E  All  backup  objects  do not have the same management
class
>                          backup copy destination.
>
> I  have  include statements defined to use different management classes
for
> *.nsf/*.ntf files and *.txn files (to used different storage pools). In
the
> 'old'  ITSM  server  both's  backup  copy  groups  used  to have tape
pools
> assigned  as  copy  destination.  In  the  new  ITSM  server Domino
archvie
> transaction  logs  (*.txn)  should  be  sent  to disk pools. After
ACD0215E