ADSM-L

Re: How to Pass the "L2" Barcode Media Type to TSM

2004-05-17 18:00:22
Subject: Re: How to Pass the "L2" Barcode Media Type to TSM
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:00:08 -0400
STK libraries only transmit the first 6 characters of the barcode. There
is no setting on the L700e to transmit more characters. Make sure the
serial number range for LTO1 and LTO2 cartridges is different as you will
need to distinguish the tapes by 6 digit serial number.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452

"Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
2004-05-17 16:28
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: How to Pass the "L2" Barcode Media Type to TSM

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Marc Levitan
>Issue:  When I checkin these tapes I get "123456" as the volume name.
>What I would like to see is "123456L2" as the volume name.

I don't know about STK libraries, but IBM LTO libraries have a parameter
that specifies whether the suffix "L1" or "L2" from the volume barcode
is read; in "normal" mode it isn't, and in "extended" mode it is.

I suspect your library has a similar setting.

--
Mark Stapleton