ADSM-L

restore of systemobjects (windows 2000), new user variables still there ?!

2004-05-17 13:58:10
Subject: restore of systemobjects (windows 2000), new user variables still there ?!
From: TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:26:06 +0200
hello tsm friends,

environment:

tsm server 5.2.2.3
tsm client 5.2.2.5
windows 2000 server

i thought, that a complete restore of w2k system objects will completely
overwrite and replace existing registry on my w2k server.

what we made was backup of w2k systemobjects last night.
we then create some new user variables over the day for testing.

then we decide to  restore our w2k system objects backup from last night to
delete all of our changes.

what we saw was  the following:

the new user variables, which were not in our system object backup are
still on the server.

Is this tsm functionality or a bug?

what can we do, to delete new user variables during restore of system
objects?

what went wrong?

any comment will help.

with best regards