ADSM-L

Re: SV: DHCP and ZenWorks on a Novell cluster

2004-05-13 09:05:18
Subject: Re: SV: DHCP and ZenWorks on a Novell cluster
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:04:32 -0500

I'm supposed to backup this cluster with DHCP and Zenworks on it.  The whole NW Cluster and DHCP/ZenWorks is new to our environment.  The consultants who are working with the Network people have no type of specs to give me except that Zenworks does NOT have a database.  I don't know if there are any special requirements when backing these up, if I need a special agent, special include/excludes etc.  Some great people on this list have helped me already with some Doc's on setting TSM up for the cluster, but I haven't been able to find out much about the DHCP and Zenworks for Desktop.  Our TSM server is MVS OS/390 2.10 with TSM version 5.1.7 soon to be ZOS 1.4 (in 2-3 months) with TSM Server at 5.2.2.0.  The clients will be running TSM Client Novell NW 2.2.2.  Any information I can get on setting this up is better than what I have to work with right now.

Thanks,
Shannon

Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services

Madison WI  53705
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com

"Hougaard.Flemming FHG" <FHG AT KMD DOT DK>

05/13/2004 03:28 AM