ADSM-L

Re: 2 slots lost in library - Help!

2004-05-10 15:14:44
Subject: Re: 2 slots lost in library - Help!
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:00:20 -0500
yep, we have that problem on occasion.  Sometime the library / tsm just
'loose their mind'.

Since I use NT for my server, I take this as an 'oppertunity' to shut down
the tsm server for a nice clean reboot.  and if I have time I turn off the
library too.

I know that is overkill.  Usually what I really need to do (or at least I
found works for me) is to stop the TSM server service, and restart it.
Eject all the tapes and quiesce the TSM service before doing this.

It usually happens when I have given the library 'to much to do', and I
guess TSM and the library collectively loose track of the library contents.
It can also happen due to a pick error, or a tape being ejected that TSM
thinks is still in the library.  In any case, the stop and restart of the
TSM service seems to get things back into sync.