ADSM-L

Reading the cartridge memory on LTO.

2004-05-05 20:48:32
Subject: Reading the cartridge memory on LTO.
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:40:00 -0800
Can anyone tell me how to access the information on the LTO-CM chip?
I am interested in finding the total life usage of my tapes to determine
when to end-o-life a cartridge.
My drives are 3580 IBM and they are connected to an AIX system. I looked
in the manual for tapeutil but it doesn't mention any such capability.

5/5/2004
This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you. ACS