ADSM-L

ANR1163W. Bug?!

2004-05-03 17:01:47
Subject: ANR1163W. Bug?!
From: Yury Us <us AT SOFTCOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:58:15 -0400
Hi ALL,
I have found bunch strange messages recently in my act log "ANR1163W Offsite
volume 758ABP still contains files which could not be moved.".
When I did
  restore stg <primary_pool> copy=<copy_pool> preview=yes
it completed successfully after few seconds. No volumes requested to
restoring, like primary pool is consistent with copy pool.
I searched ADSM.ORG and found that in previous discussions about this
message were proposed variants to remove or audit offsite volumes or even
remove whole storage pool. I did not tried it yet, but before do that can
somebody tell me how to make sure that my primary pool is okay.

What is that, bug? May be somebody heard something about fixes?

I have AIX 4.3.3, adsm server 5.1.8. Clients are mixture of AIX,HP,Windows
on versions 5.1.5 and 5.2. The problem appeared during reclamation of
offsite storage.

Audit db usually takes 3+ days to complete with complete shutdown of all
backups. So should be really bad reason to stop the backup process.

Thank you in advance for any comments and ideas.

Yuriy.