ADSM-L

Querying results of scheduled commands

2004-05-03 03:39:10
Subject: Querying results of scheduled commands
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 17:20:06 +1000
TSM Server 5.2 on AIX 5.1
TSM Backup/Archive client 5.2 on Windows

We have a TSM schedule with an action of command which initiates a command
file on a Windows platform.
The command file starts a notes backup using TDP for Domino which runs
successfully. However, the schedule completes one second after starting,
although the actual notes backup has only just started.

I see from another posting that our problem lies with the fact that the
script is running asynchronously instead of synchronously ie control is
returned to the command file after STARTING the notes backup, not after the
backup has completed.  However the notes backup script follows the
structure in the sample command file provided - I would have thought the
sample would be appropriately constructed to provide meaningful results to
the TSM Server. Can anyone suggest what steps need to be taken to get the
desired result?

This is the command file, domino.cmd.

set dom_dir="C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\domino"
cd /d %dom_dir%
start /B domdsmc selective * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=dsm.daily.opt
/logfile=domdsm.daily.log >> dominc.daily.log

And here is the schedule

Policy Domain Name: DOMINO
Schedule Name: 1800_FULL
Action: Command
Objects: "C:\domino.daily.cmd"

What would I need to do for the script to complete AFTER the domdsmc
command has run (and therefore get a meaningful result in response to my "q
event")?

Thanks for your ideas.

Regards,

Eric Winters