ADSM-L

unix tsm client automation?

2004-04-30 10:42:09
Subject: unix tsm client automation?
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:37:38 -0400
Hello tsm world,

      I'm automating the Unix tsm client installations for our operations
staff. I've created a Solaris package to do the trick and all is going good
except for the last part of the package postinstall script I'm writing. You
see I can't seem to automate the: "dsmc  q sess" command. I want the
package postinstall script to enter this command at the end of the script
then when it asks for the user id hit <ENTER> automatically then type in
the password to the node automatically so that it will authenticate into
the tsm server. Since the nodes are all "passwordaccess generate" this
should be the only time they have to do it, but I want the package add
script to do it. Any suggestions on automating the <ENTER> key for the
"enter admin id" prompt, and any suggestions for automating the node
password prompt?:

# dsmc q ses =server=db1_tdp
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface - Version 5, Release 1, Level
1.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2002 All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: AIX123TDP
Please enter your user id <AIX123TDP>: <ENTER> = (I WANT TO AUTOMATE THIS,
NO USER INTERACTION).

Please enter password for user id "AIX123TDP": NODE_PASSWORD = (I WANT TO
AUTOMATE THIS, NO USER INTERACTION)

Session established with server TSM_SERVER1: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 4.0
  Server date/time: 04/30/04   10:35:40  Last access: 04/30/04   10:35:40

TSM Server Connection Information

Server Name.............: TSM_SERVER1
Server Type.............: AIX-RS/6000
Server Version..........: Ver. 4, Rel. 2, Lev. 4.0
Last Access Date........: 04/30/04   10:35:40
Delete Backup Files.....: "No"
Delete Archive Files....: "Yes"

Node Name...............: AIX123TDP
User Name...............: root