ADSM-L

Re: Help on Tdpsql command

2004-04-29 10:05:40
Subject: Re: Help on Tdpsql command
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:03:15 -0400
Robert,

Your question is slightly confusing... but I think you are asking
if there is a way to query full backups for a certain date.
The answer is no. If this is something you need, you could
most likely write some TSM Server SQL queries to get
access to that information.
If you are asking a different question, please ask again.

/STOPAT refers to log backups and instructs the SQL Server
to only apply full transactions that occured before that
point in time.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/29/2004
01:51:14 AM:

> Hi to all
>
> Did is a way to query active backup in a certain point in time for a
full
> database backup , I read that is an option stopat="date time" but only
for
> restore.
>
> When I run   TDPSQLC  QUERY  TSM  *  /FROMSQLSERVER=HIGHLEARN  /ACTIVE I
> got all the backup's and I want to query just for an certain date.
>
> By the way if I run this command:
>
> tdpsqlc restore Campus log=* /fromsqlserver=highlearn
/tsmnode=highlearn2k
> /tsmpassword=xxxxxxx /stopat="04/21/2004 04:00:00"
>
> And in this date and time I hade just a full backuo active (no log's)
dit