ADSM-L

Re: Anyone Have W2K TSM 5.1.8 (or others) FC attached to 3590[E11 ]?

2004-04-28 14:26:37
Subject: Re: Anyone Have W2K TSM 5.1.8 (or others) FC attached to 3590[E11 ]?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:25:51 -0400
Our Win2K TSM was 5.1.6.2; our library is a 3494 with 3590-E1A tape drives.
Drives are each direct attached via FC (although the protocol is still
SCSI).

So it's not exactly the same, but close.
(I don't think the fact that our 3590's are in a library make a difference;
I think it's the same for all 3590's.  The library has its own driver. )

Under TSM 5.1.x, you use the TSM device driver for 3590's.
The Windows 5.1 admin guide doesn't explain that well at all.
(I sent in a complaint about that and was told there are adding
clarification.)

Now we are TSM 5.2.2.2.
Once you get to 5.2 (see the QuickStart guide), you MUST use the IBM Magstar
driver instead for 3590's.
This is now indicated on the TSM home page under "Supported devices".
You don't even need to install or start the TSM SCSI driver.

Hope that helps

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)