ADSM-L

Re: SV: Slow backup from Netware of small files

2004-04-27 18:59:52
Subject: Re: SV: Slow backup from Netware of small files
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:55:35 -0700
We have usually set the following to get more performance on our NetWare
clients.

1.1.   Max Directory Cache Buffers   6,000

1.2.   Min Directory Cache Buffers   2,000

1.3.   Max Packet Receive Buffers   10,000

1.4.   Min Packet Receive Buffers   2,000

1.5.   Maximum concurrent disk writes   750 (this best practice but some set it
to 1000)

1.6.   Maximum concurrent directory cache writes   150

We have also found it best to ensure the NIC is set to the correct speed and
duplex setting (i.e. 100 Full) not auto auto.

Being that I'm not a CNE and the above are Netware settings I would use caution
to ensure they will work on your servers.  Or, maybe some CNE's on the list
might comment on the settings above.

"Hougaard.Flemming FHG" <FHG AT KMD DOT DK> wrote:
Hi Eric

Your settings seems ok - I have a couple of questions to you:

Do you have compression enabled on the files in question?
Do you run antivirus on this server? if yes, which product?

Do you know config.nlm from Novell? If so you could use it, and I would be
happy to go through the config.txt for you?

Regards
Flemming
CNE