ADSM-L

How to figure out why Log got pinned - afterwards

2004-04-26 12:04:09
Subject: How to figure out why Log got pinned - afterwards
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:48:58 -0500
Over the weekend, my Log got pinned and it filled up, severely
interrupting a barbecue. (Murphy's Law in action: My pager went off
WHILE the steaks were on the grill.)

Now that it is all mopped up (and the easily available evidence is
thereby destroyed) how can I figure out how this happened? (I know, I
should have entered a SHOW LOGPIN command, but I didn't. It didn't occur
to me until a search of adsm.org long afterward.) Are there any telltale
signs I can search for in the Activity Log? Or in the Accounting file?

==== "Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." ====