ADSM-L

Re: Virtual nodes. UNIX/Windows

2004-04-23 12:09:48
Subject: Re: Virtual nodes. UNIX/Windows
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:09:09 -0400
Windows doesn't understand UNIX files, UNIX doesn't understand Windows
files, so you aren't going to make this happen with dsmc.

Instead, use dsmadmc (the ADMIN command line) in your script, and use SELECT
to query the information from the BACKUPS table.
Another advantage is that you only need one id & password.  Doesn't give you
the sizes, though.

Example:

dsmadmc -id=adminid -password=secretword -commadelimited "select node_name,
filespace_name, hl_name, ll_name, date(backup_date) from backups where
node_name='NODENAME'   "