ADSM-L

Re: question about ANR8341I

2004-04-23 04:18:36
Subject: Re: question about ANR8341I
From: fenglimian <fenglimian AT 163 DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:18:23 -0700
hi Steve Harris:
   I feel is very strange why the tape can only have about 100gb content。And
why TSM can't know the tape is full now。I can define a new volume and change
the maxscratch of the pool,but the volume's status is filling,next time TSM
will still get this volume to store the archived files and get the same error
message. Of course I can  change the volume as readonly,but I don't know the
reason for this error.

   Thanks
>Li,
>
>your backups and archives probably go to different management classes and
>hence different tape pools.
>You should use "define volume" to add tapes to the archive pool or set
>MAXSCRATCH on the pool and have scratch tapes in the library.
>
>HTH
>
>Steve.

>hi all when I do backup operation anything is OK but everytime I try to
>archive something I get the same error
>04/19/04   17:34:16      ANR8341I End-of-volume reached for LTO volume 716ADM.
>
>04/22/04   18:30:21      ANR8341I End-of-volume reached for LTO volume 715ADM.
>
>q vol output as follow
>715ADM                     JW_ARCHIVE      3583CLS        190,734.0      46.5
>   Filling
>
>716adm is about 50%
>
>Thanks
>

>***********************************************************************************
>This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for
>the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  This confidentiality is not waived
>or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it
>is transmitted/received in error.
>
>Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
>email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality
>if it relates to health service matters.
>
>If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email
>in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by
>return email.  You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies
>produced.

        fenglimian
        fenglimian AT 163 DOT com
          2004-04-23