ADSM-L

Re: recovery log filled up

2004-04-21 16:54:01
Subject: Re: recovery log filled up
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:52:24 -0400
# dsmfmt -log /path/newlogname 1000 (for 1 gig, make sure your in a fs
which has enough space to accomadate 1 gig).
# dsmserv extend log /path/newlogname 1000

after it's done formatting restart the tsm server:

# nohup /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.adsmserv > /dev/null 2>1&

note = you must run all commands from the tsm server install dir, or
whereever your dsmserv.dsk file is located on the system.
also note, if your recovery log is 13 gig you won't be able to extend it
you'll have to restore and recover the tsm server database to recover and
restart.
thanks!.

if you are using rlv's let me know and I'll type that up for you as well.

--Justin Richard Bleistein

|         |           Ray Louvier       |
|         |           <Ray.Louvier@HALLI|
|         |           BURTON.COM>       |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:   |
|         |           Dist Stor Manager"|
|         |           <[email protected].|
|         |           EDU>              |
|         |           04/21/2004 04:49  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor  |
|         |           Manager"          |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                        |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  recovery log filled up

I have a recovery log that has filled and I cannot remember the command
to extend it from command line start can someone help out. I am running
5.2.2.3 on AIX 5.2. Any help would be appreciated.