ADSM-L

Re: Please help me NOT migrate

2004-04-20 14:00:49
Subject: Re: Please help me NOT migrate
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:58:36 -0400
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:45:03 -0400
Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU> wrote thusly:

> This is something I can look into.  I can paritiion the 3494 so each
> server has its own frame, tape drives, and tapes.  But will the 3494
> control manager get confused when 2 TSM servers try to talk to it at the
> same time?  Doesn't one has to be the Library Manager while the other
> the 'slave'?
>
> Eliza

Nope...just have to assign different private/scratch categories on the
second server from the first.

The 3494 as it's own built-in library manager that can handle (I think) 32
attached hosts.

-Lloyd

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267