ADSM-L

Re: even/uneven tape cycle / ANR1025W

2004-04-15 05:58:37
Subject: Re: even/uneven tape cycle / ANR1025W
From: Klaas Talsma - KTL <KTalsma AT BELLMICRO.EU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:56:55 +0100
Thanks for the help.

Seeing the actlog I get the feeling the expiration process is not
working as it should, and for that reason data on the tapes does not
expire.
Or the policyset activation is not working and cause problems.

How would one solve this problem.

5 versions need to be kept for 14 days, but at day 7 (Monday) the tapes
should be checked out and the other (even/uneven tapes depending on
week) should be checked in.

I know this is not exactly a good idea to implement TSM this way but
this is what the customer wants.