ADSM-L

Re: even/uneven tape cycle / ANR1025W

2004-04-15 05:26:58
Subject: Re: even/uneven tape cycle / ANR1025W
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:23:18 +1000
Yes,

If you have some "Filling"/"Empty" volumes that are NOT "Read-Write", then
TSM will attempt to get one that is read-write, or attempt to get a
scratch volume if there are none. Then if your MAXSCR is less than or
equal to the number of scratch volumes used, you'll get a server out of
storage space.

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 15/04/2004
04:59:21 PM: