ADSM-L

Re: [Fwd: v5.2.2.4 patch on Solaris]

2004-04-14 18:07:45
Subject: Re: [Fwd: v5.2.2.4 patch on Solaris]
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:07:07 -0400
Gretchen,

Here is the adminfile, which is not the original but an altered copy  -

/opt/tsmmisc >more adminfile
#ident  "@(#)default    1.4     92/12/23 SMI"   /* SVr4.0  1.5.2.1      */
mail=
instance=overwrite
partial=ask
runlevel=ask
idepend=ask
rdepend=ask
space=ask
setuid=ask
conflict=nocheck
action=ask
basedir=ask

In my 'a' instance, where I just installed 5224, for status.dat I have -

/opt/tsm1a >find . -name status.dat
./tivoli/tsm/server/license/status.dat
/opt/tsm1a >more tivoli/tsm/server/license/status.dat
#Wed Feb 25 12:01:35 EST 2004
Status=9
/opt/tsm1a >

In the default instance, I have -

/opt/tivoli >find . -name status.dat
./tsm/server/license/status.dat
/opt/tivoli >more tsm/server/license/status.dat
#Thu Mar 04 10:26:21 EST 2004
Status=9
/opt/tivoli >

My guess (duh) is that Status=9 is the key thing.

- bill