ADSM-L

Re: COPY_POOL REORG

2004-04-14 11:38:23
Subject: Re: COPY_POOL REORG
From: Bill Fitzgerald <wfitzger AT MHC DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:37:16 -0400
I would use the Move node command to move the data from the original
Copypool to the new copy pool. that way you will not lose any of the
existing data for the nodes you want on the new copy pool.

As far as I know, there is no way to delete just the copy pool version
of data. At least not an easy way. The only way I know is to delete the
volumes containing the data. but prior to that would want to move any
data you don't want deleted to different volumes.

>>> Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM 4/14/04 10:36:09 AM

Hi all,

A question about reorganisation of copy_pool.
We have only one copy_pool for all our clients (about 200
unix/w2k/vms/novell-clients). The data of the copy_pool are on our
second
TSM-server, the connection runs via server-to-server virtual volumes.
Now we want to split the copy_pool. There is no problem to make a
second
copy_pool for e.g. VMS and W2K, all data of primary pools go to the
second
copy_pool (so we have the data now three times).
Is there any possibility to delete the data of the VMS and W2K-Clients
from
the first copy_pool ?

Thanks for help

Chris