ADSM-L

Restoring a Win2k server

2004-04-07 16:32:53
Subject: Restoring a Win2k server
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 15:32:18 -0500
I'm running TSM 5.2.2 on Aix and I have a client that is a Win2k server
which we use as a print server.  I tried a test restore by just building a
win2k server and loading TSM client 5.2 on it and restoring from a backup
set.  I did a backup of the original print server first including system
objects before I tried restoring to the test server.  They both are the same
hardware but when the restore complete I rebooted the server and now the
keyboard and mouse won't work.

Basically,  does anyone have a good method of restoring a Win2k os.  I know
that an os restore is possible with win2003 and xp but what about win2k.
The documentation seems to be very simple on this subject.

Thanks

email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of th individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
delete it and notify the sender or contact Health Information Management
312.413.4947.