ADSM-L

Re: DST on OS/390 Server

2004-04-07 12:57:07
Subject: Re: DST on OS/390 Server
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:55:38 -0600
Sam,

A FAQ was posted on March 30 regarding the effects of time zone changes
(including DST) on TSM. This FAQ describes the limitation that you ran
into: that the TSM server must be restarted on z/OS systems whenever the
system clock is changed. (What I knew as "MVS" has since been changed to
"OS/390" and now "z/OS"... would you have read "z/OS" and understood that
it also means "OS/390"?). You can find this FAQ by going to
http://www.ibm.com and doing a search on 1164535, which is the knowledge
base item number.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
04/07/2004 09:07
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
DST on OS/390 Server

Once again, after the semi-annual time change, all of my schedules are
running an hour off.  We are running TSM 5.1.8 server on OS/390 2.10.

After the same problem last October, I talked to support and the answer
was to set the _TZ environment variable in USS, which I did. Apparently,
this had no effect. I still see the time stamps in the log correctly
gain an hour, but all schedules are running as if still on standard time.

Stopping and starting the server takes care of the problem.  Has anyone
experienced this and, if so, have you gotten around it?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668