ADSM-L

Query to find out how much data was backuped for each schedule ...

2004-04-07 04:01:39
Subject: Query to find out how much data was backuped for each schedule ...
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:01:04 +0200
Hi all,

Does anyone have a good query to summarize the amount of data sent by a
group of clients associated to a certain schedule, for all existing
schedules, during the last 24 hours ?
I tried this one : select ((sum(a1.bytes)/1024)/1024) as "MB backed up",
a2.schedule_name from summary as a1, associations as a2 where
a1.entity=a2.node_name and a1.activity='BACKUP' and
cast((current_timestamp- a1.end_time )hours as decimal) <= 24 group by
a2.schedule_name
But I'm not really sure it works properly, as it seems to take ages to
complete ...
Basically, I try to find out how much backup data was sent on each of my
primary stgpools last night, to size them properly and avoid unexpected
migrations ...
Thanks in advance !
 Arnaud Brion

Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com