ADSM-L

Re: Who controls the CLEAN cycle ?

2004-04-06 13:33:51
Subject: Re: Who controls the CLEAN cycle ?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:33:18 -0400
The drives.
They signal when they need a clean, and the 3494 library manager mounts the
cleaning cartridge.

Doesn't matter which type/how many hosts.

Cleaning tapes aren't segregated by host, either.
They just live in the 3494, as many as you want, in data cells.

(I verified this last week, when we had to run in manual mode a while with
me acting as "robot").