ADSM-L

Re: vaulting primary storage pool volumes

2004-04-05 09:14:24
Subject: Re: vaulting primary storage pool volumes
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:14:09 -0500
From: Bill Boyer [mailto:bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET]
>Have you actually used this option??? From my reading of the admin
guide
>and reference all specifying DRMPRIMSTGPOOL does is cause DRM to create
>the recovery steps in the recovery plan file for those primary pools
>specified. It does not include any primay storage pool volumes in the
>DRMEDIA catagory.
>
>Unless I'm reading it wrong...

Yes, you are.

SET DRMPRIMSTGPOOL designates which storage pools are primary pool for
DRM, and SET DRMCOPYSTGPOOL tells DRM which offsite pools should be
managed by DRM.

Setting a primary tape pool with the SET DRMPRIMSTGPOOL will not cause
that primary pool to be treated like a copy pool.

--
Mark Stapleton