ADSM-L

Re: Library sharing

2004-03-31 11:27:19
Subject: Re: Library sharing
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:27:11 -0500
Well, in this case, it isn't, sortof.......

I don't have *ANY* path statements on the client, that refer to these
drives. All that is defined on the client is the SHARED LIBRARY. This is
another TSM server, not just a storage agent.

The path statements on the library manager are duplicated for the client,
pointing to the client as the SOURCE server....and yes, both sets of
definitions point to the same /dev/rmtx.

I am beginning to wonder if it has to do with the different levels of
ATAPE. The client is much newer (8.4.1.0) while the library manager is
8.3.x.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/31/2004
11:07:04 AM:

> When you define the PATHs on the TSM server for the storage agent on
> the client node, the device= is the name of the tape drive on the
> client, not on the server. You need to match the drive name on the
> TSM server to the correct device name on the client node, then use
> that in the DEFINE PATH. So on your TSM server:
>
> If library 3584 drive LTO1 points to the /dev/rmt1 device and on the
> storage agent client SA1 that same physical drive is the /dev/rmt3
> device you would use:
>
> define path SA1 LTO1 srctype=server desttype=drive library=3584
> device=/dev/rmt3
>
> Bill Boyer
> DSS, Inc.

Every