ADSM-L

Device mount deadlock?

2004-03-30 11:09:42
Subject: Device mount deadlock?
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:14:01 +0200
Hello all,

I know TSM does recognise and solve deadlocks.
However, this seems like deadlock for me???

regards
Juraj

tsm: AOHBACKUP01>q mount
ANR8333I FILE volume V:\TSM\RECLAIMPOOL1\00001DF4.BFS is mounted R/W,
status: IN USE.
ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class RECLAIM1, status: RESERVED.
ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class LTOCLASS, status: RESERVED.
ANR8330I LTO volume AFW502L1 is mounted R/W in drive LTO1 (mt1.0.1.5),
status: IN USE.
ANR8329I DLT volume AOHB035 is mounted R/W in drive DLT3 (mt4.0.0.2),
status: IDLE.
ANR8329I DLT volume AOHB015 is mounted R/W in drive DLT2 (mt6.0.0.2),
status: IDLE.
ANR8329I DLT volume AOHB064 is mounted R/W in drive DLT1 (mt5.0.0.2),
status: IDLE.
ANR8334I         7 matches found.

tsm: AOHBACKUP01>q proc

 Process     Process Description      Status
  Number
--------     --------------------
     158     Space Reclamation        Volume AFW508L1 (storage pool TPDB),
Moved Files:
                                       11806, Moved Bytes: 39,568,744,690,
Unreadable
                                       Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
Current Physical
                                       File (bytes): 322,412,071
Waiting for access to
                                       input volume AFW502L1 (17096
seconds).
Current
                                       output volume:
V:\TSM\RECLAIMPOOL1\00001DF4.BFS-
                                       .

     179     Migration                Disk Storage Pool DB, Moved Files: 0,
Moved
Unreadable Bytes:
                                       0. Current Physical File (bytes):
                                       466,866,176
Waiting for mount point in device
                                       class LTOCLASS (16581 seconds).

     180     Migration                Disk Storage Pool DB, Moved Files: 0,
Moved
Unreadable Bytes:
                                       0. Current Physical File (bytes):
57,344
Waiting
                                       for mount point in device class
LTOCLASS (16581
                                       seconds).

     181     Migration                Volume
V:\TSM\RECLAIMPOOL1\00001DF4.BFS (storage
                                       pool RECLAIMTPDB), Moved Files: 0,
Moved Bytes:
                                       0, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable
                                       Current Physical File (bytes):
                                       444,760,197
Waiting for access to input volume
                                       V:\TSM\RECLAIMPOOL1\00001DF4.BFS
(16426
                                       seconds).
Current output volume: AFW502L1.

     193     Space Reclamation        Offsite Volume(s) (storage pool
TPBACSAFE), Moved
                                       Files: 2804, Moved Bytes: 3,446,341,
Unreadable
                                       Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
Current Physical
                                       File (bytes): 451,052,421
Waiting for mount
                                       points in device classes LTOCLASS and
DLTCLASS
                                       (8408 seconds).

tsm: AOHBACKUP01>q devc

Device        Device         Storage     Device        Format      Est/Max
Mount
Class         Access            Pool     Type                     Capacity
Limit
Name          Strategy         Count                                  (MB)
---------     ----------     -------     ---------     ------     --------
------
DISK          Random               8
DISKDBBA-     Sequential           0     FILE          DRIVE      20,000.0
1
 CKUP
DISKTMP       Sequential           0     FILE          DRIVE       2,000.0
4
DLTCLASS      Sequential           7     DLT           DLT1C      40,960.0
DRIVES (=3)
LTOCLASS      Sequential           5     LTO           DRIVE      102,400.
DRIVES (=2)
                                                                         0
RECLAIM1      Sequential          10     FILE          DRIVE       5,120.0
6

tsm: AOHBACKUP01>