ADSM-L

Re: Windows Backup and mixed case filenames

2004-03-26 09:56:43
Subject: Re: Windows Backup and mixed case filenames
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:55:51 -0700
There was also some discussion in the autumn of last year. Searching the
adsm-l archives at http://search.adsm.org or http://my.adsm.org/adsm-l.php
with the following criteria:

   +ntfs +posix

will yield some pertinent information.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
03/26/2004 07:44
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Windows Backup and mixed case filenames

>So, my question is: is there a way to backup NTFS where some filenames
>differ only in uppercase/lowercase? Maybe a newer version of the client?

This issue was extensively discussed some six weeks ago.
Please check the List archives for such issues.