ADSM-L

StorageAgent drive wwn to /dev names

2004-03-25 10:54:05
Subject: StorageAgent drive wwn to /dev names
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:53:22 -0000
Hello all,

I am attempting to setup a storage agent on Solaris.

To ensure I am defining the paths correctly, I need to identify which
/dev/rmt/0st etc.. device file on the solaris machine is pointed at which tape
drive by WWN. In the past I have been handed this info by a unix admin, this
time I need to determine it myself.

On AIX, I can do this easily with

Lsattr -El /dev/rmt0

But I am stuck as to how to get the same information from Solaris.

TSM Server 5.1.5.4, AIX

Storage Agent 5.1.5.4, Solaris

IBM Ultrium LTO1 drives.

Any help much appreciated!