ADSM-L

Re: restore volumes list. It's possible??

2004-03-25 09:11:16
Subject: Re: restore volumes list. It's possible??
From: Christian Bagard <christian.bagard AT WANADOO DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:08:39 +0100
Hello,

> I'm looking for a query or sql script that allow me to see what volumes I'll
> need for a restore process. I want to see the volumes before the starting of
> the process.
If your question is concerning nodes you can try to implement the following
actions.
We perform this by program in a product (SOS-Log that we sell only in France,
sorry) so you'll have to adapt it in SQL (if possible or by script).
Start with :
select DISTINCT VOLUME_NAME NODE_NAME COPY_TYPE STGPOOL_NAME from  VOLUMEUSAGE

crossing it with POOL_TYPE from STGPOOLS on STGPOOL_NAME

sort by COPY_TYPE of VOLUMUSAGE (BACKUP, ARCHIVE)

then sort the result by NODE_NAME

Be careful, select on volumeusage is sometime very slow

> Likewise I need a query or script that allow me to see what volumes I'll
> need for a backup stgpool process. When I use preview=volumesonly or yes I
> realize not always ask me the volumes that are in the list this command has
> generated. Is there another way to do this?
Maybe something like (again you'll have to adpat in good SQL syntax) :
select volume_name from volumes where last_write_date > "your date time" and
stgpool_name = "your stgpool"
"your date time" is the TSM date time of the last copy

Hope this helps

If you read french, you can have a look at an example (somehow old) :
http://www.sos-restore.com/demolog/log.htm

Best regards

Christian Bagard
Tél :(33) 442 930 813
email : c.bagard AT sos-restore DOT com

SOS-Restore - 32 cours Mirabeau - 13100 Aix-en-Provence - France
www.sos-restore.com (only french sorry)