ADSM-L

Re: need help!! long time archiving and storing corresponding systemstatus

2004-03-24 12:01:15
Subject: Re: need help!! long time archiving and storing corresponding systemstatus
From: "Thorneycroft, Doug" <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:00:20 -0800
You can run ntbackup, and backup the system state to a file.
You can then archive the file.

Do you really need the system state though.
If you're talking long term, your chances of finding matching
hardware to do a bare metal restore is slim. In most cases
you can build a new server, reinstall the apps, and restore
the data. Just remember to keep installable copies of your
applications as long as you keep the archives.