ADSM-L

Restore MS Exchange to another server

2004-03-24 04:09:26
Subject: Restore MS Exchange to another server
From: William SO Ng <ngwso AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:15:39 +0800
Hello team,

My environment is using MS Exchange 5.5 with TSM 5.2 and TSM for Mail 5.2.
I would like to backup the existing exchange server and restore to another
server.  I am not a MS Exchange guru, so I need your advise here.

I have a production Exchange with hostname ABC.  I setup another Exchange
with hostname EFG.
I followed Appendix C of the user manual of TSM for Mail to do a full
backup of Exch 5.5, restore it to EFG
Then shutdown ABC, change the hostname of EFG to ABC and reboot.
After reboot, MS exchange is not able to start.  I found out Exchange
Information Store cannot be started.

Am I missing any step here ?

Thanks & Regards
William