ADSM-L

Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes

2004-03-23 16:50:26
Subject: Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:49:53 -0500
Sorry to bring this up again, but...

I KNOW that in TSM 4.1, the server behavior was to stop counting the
licenses after 30 days of non-use.  It was documented in the server README
(I think that's where it was), and I verified it on our running systems.

I have not seen it documented anywhere for 5.1 or 5.2; has anyone?

I sat down and checked mine;  I checked the data in the license_details
table against the output of q license, and it APPEARS that my license
manager (TSM  5.1.6.2)  is counting all the clients that have connected in
approx. the last YEAR.  But it's hard for me to be sure since this server
isn't much older than that.

Could some of you please check yours and let me know?  (also what server
version you have)

select license_name,node_name, date(last_used) from license_details order by
3

Thanks
Wanda Prather