ADSM-L

Re: GIGE connectivity via TSM

2004-03-23 14:42:06
Subject: Re: GIGE connectivity via TSM
From: "Wholey, Joseph (IDS DM&DS)" <joseph_wholey AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:41:24 -0500
Bill,

I hate to beat this... but my situationa is as follows:  I have a TSM server
residing on Z/OS with an FQDN and one IP address (as far as I know).  My client
has multiple NICs.  We want to use a
particular GIGE card exclusively for backup/restore and the others for
applications, so we can't disable the others.
My server's IP is not on the same subnet as my client's GIGE card, so the
default route would not be over the GIGE.

QUESTIONS:  1.  Do I need to statically route the client GIGE ip address to the
Server Ip address in the client's routing table?

                2.  Does this ensure that data coming from the server to the
client will come down that path as well.  (I don't want to fall into your "I
had a client..." scenario.

thx. joe