ADSM-L

Re: Looking for information on Tivoli Data Warehouse

2004-03-23 14:30:15
Subject: Re: Looking for information on Tivoli Data Warehouse
From: James Thomas <0axmdin02 AT SNEAKEMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:16:32 -0500
Hi Bill,

FWIW, I can tell you that Tivoli Management Framework is the software that
allows you to manage and inventory machines on your network.  You can
inventory their hardware and software, you can install software, distribute
and retrieve files, run programs on remote machines.... all that good
stuff.  I think you are right that the monitoring component relies on the
framework.

Try this for some more info:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/mgt-framework/

James Thomas

"With every new sunrise, there is a new chance.
But with every sunset, you blew it."
- Jack Handey

I am looking for information on a product that I received along with the
most recent set of CD for TSM.

The product is Tivoli Data Warehouse.

What does it do? what is it for? Is it something I need to install for
TSM?
I also get CDs for something called Tivoli Monitoring ( we don't use it
as we use BMC) and for  Tivoli Management Frame work ( I think this is
the base component for Tivoli Monitoring; they work together)

I believe I get the software CDs because we are an enterprise edition
user of TSM.

Any information on these products would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks in advance

Bill