ADSM-L

Re: TSM backup summary report script

2004-03-20 18:00:08
Subject: Re: TSM backup summary report script
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:59:25 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager on behalf of Jean Pierre Denis
I am currently generating TSM backup summary report on all our
unix servers using a shell script that is triggered by crontab.
Those reports are then sent by email to the proper person.

I would like to know how other people are reporting backup completion
and how their reports look like ?

The scripts I wrote work great but I am looking for improvement.

==================

Many people are generating TSM event reports by using the Tivoli Storage
Manager Operatational Reporter, which will generate reports in HTML or text
format. It will also generate net message-formatted popups by the use of its
hourly monitor (for urgent matters such as offline drives, etc.) OR is highly
configurable and contains its own email client. You can port already-used
select scripts to OR.

You can download the code for the OR from
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-manager/maintenance/server/v5r2/WIN/LATEST/TSMCON5220_WIN.exe.
 It runs on Windows but really shouldn't be installed on the TSM server itself.

--
Mark Stapleton