ADSM-L

AW: TSM server on a Domain controller w2k3.

2004-03-17 10:21:11
Subject: AW: TSM server on a Domain controller w2k3.
From: "Bleicher, Thomas" <bleicher AT NETZLINK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:18:22 +0100
> Hello,
>
> I cant think up or find any 'No´s..' in the archive, but are there any
> problems/issues having a DC (w2k3) and TSM server on the same machine?
> Except load etc..

We have upgraded a TSM server to DC 2 weeks ago. No side effects so far.
DCs disable disc caching which will certainly have an impact on TSM
performance.

In this case it's the second ("backup") DC in the domain, so there's no
risk of loosing the service because of maintenance downtime.

Thomas Bleicher
Netzlink Informationstechnik GmbH