ADSM-L

Simple Backup Copy Group Question

2004-03-17 03:33:18
Subject: Simple Backup Copy Group Question
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:16:26 +0000
Hi TSMers

Ok, I think I know what I'm doing, but I just want to check something to
make sure (call ma paranoid if you like).

Running TSM 5.1.6.2 on Solaris. Backing up a Solaris 5.1.6.0 client.

I want to back up one directory and all it's sub dir's with a different
Management Class to the rest of the server. Now, I have set up a new
management class and made sure it is active. The class in question is
called RETDEL750 and the Backup Copy Group under this looks as follows :-

Versions Data Exists        3
Versions Data Deleted        1
Retain Extra Versions        180
Retain Only Version        750

This means that when a file gets deleted from the server, we'll still have
it in backup for 750 days. This much is fine.

Now, under the client option set for this server I have added an include
statement as follows :-

include /app/production/prodlive/jasper/data/content/loading/.../*
retdel750

Is this the correct way to associate the backup copy group and make sure
that it is applied to all files and sub dir's.

Thanks in advance

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Sons Ltd