ADSM-L

Re: Strange inventory expiration problem

2004-03-12 20:25:17
Subject: Re: Strange inventory expiration problem
From: Paul Fielding <paulweb AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:20:21 -0700
Not only that, but if I recall correctly the only files that'll get rebound
are the ones that get touched by the client as either a still active file
(along with it's inactives) or a 'just' deleted file, one that was
previously active but as of this incremental has been deleted and becomes
inactive.

I seem to recall a discussion once that files that have been inactive for
awhile won't get touched during the rebinding process because there's no
active file getting scanned and no deleted file to be marked inactive (that
process is already done).  So I *think* files that were deleted more than 1
day ago won't get rebound to the new mgmt class.

I'm not certain of this, if someone can affirm or tell me otherwise that'd
be appreciated...

regards,

Paul